Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Show for Mature Audiences? well, it's a show with Mature Performers at any rate...

I went to see Mimi Le Duck tonight, which boasts an entire cast of mature performers. Quite a change of pace from last week's High Fidelity...
In this culture of younger and prettier I was somewhat shocked to see a show without the chorus of scantily clad girls or shirtless boys doing acrobatic, high-energy dances full of thrusts and other risque movements, the stock and trade of many a musical.

And although Mimi Le Duck does have a few pelvic thrusts, delivered with style by the classic Eartha Kitt, the cast remains fully costumed for the duration.

And they are splendid. Annie Golden has a wonderful voice and gives a solid performance. Ken Jennings and Robert DuSold provide light comic touches. Eartha Kitt is poised and powerful. As one of the characters aptly puts it, their "bags may be packed, but the train hasn't left the station."

It looks like this show will be closing this weekend, so if you want to catch it, get your tickets now. Here's a link to the website.

On a completely separate note, I got an email saying that Fresh Durian can be shipped soon! After months of waiting, it looks like I'll finally be getting some in next week. I'll send an email out to those who already expressed interest as well as the others on my list. If you'd like to get in on it, drop me a line. Mmmm, I can taste it already!

Today's wisdom: The universe is conspiring for our good - ask and ye shall receive.

No comments: