Monday, May 24, 2010

What a Weekend!

Well, in a fit of theatrical zeal (or something like that) I saw 4 shows this weekend! That's right! 4. "The Forest" by the Classic Stage Company on Friday night, "That Face" by the Manhattan Theatre Club on Saturday afternoon, "Family Week" at the Lucille Lortel Theater on Saturday night, and "Banana Shpeel" by the Cirque du Soleil gang at the Beacon Theatre. And the 4 had quite a wide range of material: Tragedy, Black Comedy, Slapstick, Farce - The only similarity was that they all had 2-word titles.

I think this is the most shows I've ever seen in a weekend, other than my own, and I guess I'm trying to make up for lost time - or at least a large period of time where I didn't see much, or anything. But for now it means I've got some catching up to do, so when I have some more time, I'll write my thoughts.

Till then...

No comments: