Sunday, March 04, 2007

Fairies, Fauns and Titans - Lacrosse, that is...

Fairies and Fauns

I went to see the Academy Award winning film Pan's Labyrinth yesterday. My friend suggested it and also treated (I've got some great friends!) And Wow!! What an incredible film. Granted there were 3 times when I had to turn away from the screen because of very graphic violence, but unlike The Departed, this film had a beautiful story and many other redeeming qualities. This one should have won Best Picture! Hands-down it is a better film. If you haven't seen it yet, go. Now, while it's still on the big screen.

And Titans, oh my!

I also got a couple of free tickets to see the New York Titans Lacrosse game. Although I played a few games of high school phys ed lacrosse, I'd never seen a pro game before.

It was pretty exciting (lots of energy and goal-scoring, plus an enthusiastic cheering squad) and the Titans won, so we were able to celebrate a New York victory.

There were plenty of available seats and their final game of the season is the 17th, so if you'd like to see an out-of-the-ordinary sporting event - check it out. nytitanslacrosse.com

No comments: