Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I feel fantastic!

As I was sitting and enjoying my lunch (a large supply of satsuma tangerines), a curious woman approached and began a conversation. She was attracted to the bright orange color of the tangerines, but was wondering if citrus was truly in season. So I mentioned a few varieties that I'd found to be nice and sweet (the tangerines were one, and red navels as well) and what would be up and coming very soon (honey tangerines and the traditional navels). She asked, as many people do, about the seemingly large quantity I was eating - compared to most others. And when I told her that I only eat fruits and vegetables, she appeared to understand. In fact, she remarked that she had heard the body wasn't designed for things like dairy and meat... of course, with a simple nod and a 'yep,' I agreed. And off she went, saying she was glad to hear she could get some sweet oranges now, because she had been wanting some...

I rewound my mp3 player and returned to listening to the audiobook of "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior."

No comments: